Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Electromagnetic Waves with Sir Lawrence Bragg

The nature of electromagnetic waves is demonstrated first with the aid of models and then by a reconstruction of Faraday's experiment on induction. The range of electromagnetic waves is next illustrated, followed by a series of experiments using a klystron. The measurement of wavelengths is introduced by showing standing waves with the Vinycomb model, Sir Lawrence then illustrating the same principles by applying electromagnetic waves to Young's pinhole experiment.

Comments

• Did you know one can focus radio waves with a magnifying glass?
    I didn't know that... Never heard of that...
  • So can you use a telescope, and call it a radio telescope?
    I'm joking.
  • Well... :) apparently, in a sense, yes... i’ve never heard of focusing radio waves with a glass lens is possible! Did you?
  • I just knew the wheel produced radio waves. Radio telescopes are large arrays of AN10NA's.will a prism split the signal?
  • This has me thinking about the coiled wine glasses. When connected to a amplifier, you can point it around the room, and transformer's and other devices using electrical current, you can hear them when the glass points at them.
    I asked about the prism because he used the shape to reflect the signal. If the signal hit the glass str8 on, will the signal split in half or be difussed like a rainbow?
  • g11 said:

This has me thinking about the coiled wine glasses. When connected to a amplifier, you can point it around the room, and transformer's and other devices using electrical current, you can hear them when the glass points at them.
    I asked about the prism because he used the shape to reflect the signal. If the signal hit the glass str8 on, will the signal split in half or be difussed like a rainbow?

IMHO a rainbow comes out of a daylight which consists of many frequencies.
    So if you would have a radio signal consisting of many frequencies, it should be refracted accordingly and "spread/separate" like the rainbow.