Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ed's Universal Mystical Tool ^Improved

Ed At Work, could this be uses for Ed's mysterious tool he poses with in the AT WORK photograph? ...

Comments

• The chain/cable gets pinched from the weight of the block if you try to cut the bottom. His tool looks like a pinch bar to me. A pinch bar is used to move train cars on the track without a engine. I forget how much a train car weight's, I know each axle set is over 5000 pounds. So there is 10,000 pounds in wheels on the track not counting the car on top of the wheels. The brass in each bearing is worth a few bucks in scrap metal.
    The 3 wedge method. Drive your first wedge in the base of the tree directly in the heart. The second wedge goes to the outside edge of the crack. The third wedge goes in the side of the tree where it is cracking. By this time the first wedge should be free. Repeat till the tree splits in two. Jerry Reed did not find me a bit funny when he sent me to split wood and I split a tree into four piece's. Four quarters will get you twice the distance and provide a nice rail for the short rounds to ride on. I was actually surprised on how easy it is to move a large amount of weight this way. Ever noticed train rail spacing is spaced the width of two horses yoked? Look at the spaces of the timber's under the rail. Most trains travel at 1% grade. Means you gain one foot or lose one foot of height over a 100 foot length. What is the grade difference of a tree verse's a half tree split? If the base was 24 inches and the top 8 inches and the length was forty feet? 12 base 4 inch top and same forty foot length, except quartered you make a valley that it rolls down one and up the other. Still amazes me how a dime on the rail between the wheel will keep a train from rolling. Have to push the dime under the wheel, I don't recommend using your finger's, might get pinched off if the train moves.
    Cutting with cables. If tripod "A" has 300 hundred pounds hanging, and tripod "B" has 300 pounds hanging. If I lift A ten feet and set B on the ground. Now connect a cable from A to B and lower A how much tension would be on the cable traveling across the ground? I know the weight will want to center at five feet of travel. The other way is to leave both weights hanging then pull one weight to the side then release. Different cables have different twists and wire counts. Chain links are like the cutters on a chain saw. If you remove the tire leaving just the rim connected to the axle, actually just deflate the tire. Anchor the front bumper to something, and lift only one side. Now the motor can turn that one wheel, use hanging weight as a belt tensioner. Now you have a large scale chain saw. Have to weld a link between the two ends of chain. Just like a band saw there is a weld somewhere on it.
    I will never forget when my father got upset with the city sticking a sign in the front lawn. So he showed me how using the spare tire, a chain, and a lever that sign comes right out of the ground. I forget how many times they did it before they gave up trying to keep the sign in the ground. The city would use a back hoe to shove it in the ground with two or three guys. Funny a gallon of water and a few taps of its own weight would have put it right back in the hole it came from. Government worker's are something else.
    Even a survival knife comes with two rings and a cable for the purpose of cutting things using a reciprocating motion.

https://www.myodesie.com/wiki/index/returnEntry/id/3058#Lubrication of Open-Running Chain Drives Under Abrasive Conditions
  • edited October 2019
    Ed's Y-Shaped Sledge or miro manga erua

At Easter Island there were two tribes - Long Ears and the Short Ears
    Long story short, Long Ears enslaved Shorts Ears to help build stone structures and monuments. The Short Ears led a revolt and destroyed all but one of the Long Ears - descendants followed from the remaining individual.

In 1957 Thor Heyerdayl published a book and happened to speak to a Long Eared descendant
    A miro mangua erua
    " he drew on the ground a Y-shaped figure with crosspieces, and explained it was a stone sledge made from a forked tree-trunk"

1957 - Aku-Aku page 149

This ancient knowledge to move stone blocks was known to the forefathers of Easter Island. Ed Leedskalnin was taught the same method back in Latvia during the 19th century

• I'm not convinced.
  • Ed was creative I doubt not, a tool can have many purposes. I believe this explains one of its functions.
    The context presented was under the basis of how stones were moved (moving blocks on Easter Island, moving blocks at Ed's Place). We have a similarity which may hint at an ancient Guild, or global knowledge.

The photo " At Work" was taken at Ed's Place, his first location.

The photo was taken to show Ed at work/tools for work. This makes sense and gives me a bit more confidence in knowing that Ed actually wrote "At Work" on the photo.
  • I heard the long ears were slaves for the short ears. I'm just a ass so what would I know.

Would make sense to lift one point and drag the other two points of the Y shape. Now if you link the top of the tool in Ed's image "AT WORK" to the single point of the Y shape, then pull on the long end of the lever it should lift and drag the sledge.
  • @g11 why would the iron tube be tied up at the top if it was meant to go into the bottom hole?

@Ones65118 don't you think the pipe is too short to be put into the ground? And what kind of leverage would that offer? (good CAD work btw).

@dante I'm still not convinced - the story in that book is symbolic, I think.

• A rope or chain is attached to the cross piece then fed through the hole at the other end, for manual work. Lift and pull at the same moment.
    There are double, sometimes triple meanings.

Another one is a loom, a weaving apparatus.

Symbolically the loom could make sense to me, since there is a weaving pattern that applies to only a select few of Eds photos. In my opinion more importantly his writings

-------

One of the biggest obstacles for me was to establish if Ed actually wrote " At Work" . The original photos at Coral Castle did not have it written on the photo. This implies that it was written only for A Book in Every Home. Knowing that Eds Y-shaped sledge is an actual stone masons/ stone builders tool increases the odds that Ed wrote "At Work" and not Levin.

The nail in the coffin would be to finally locate an original copy of A Book in Every Home printed and handed out at Ed's Place. This book was sought after I believe a decade after it was originally printed. I have a newspaper clipping of a woman trying to find A Book in Every Home.

• @dante you still have a lot to read in order to grasp how the symbolic language of the crooks works, I wonder if you really understood the Divine Comedy. Anyways, about this photo...

I could be wrong, but the question at hand here with this photo is diamagnetism, and I can't put out of my mind the idea that Ed figured out some (unusual?) property of wood - just think about those logs located near the flywheel that have iron rods that go all the way through them: why would anyone do that? Certainly not for electrical isolation. And now there's this tool, with that iron pipe attached these two arms of the Y-shape, which apparently has no place in the landscape of Ed's operations.

Talk about magnetism and, as usual, the Moon always comes around: in chronobiology there are different times of the Lunation during which wood should be cut to acquire different properties: if you cut it, say, during a phase the wood floats better; if you cut it in another phase it's more resistant to fire, etc. etc.
    But wood is diamagnetic. The "dia" prefix in Greek means "two". But what does this "two" prefix in the word relate to? And what about "dielectric"? Ken Wheeler asserts that magnetism is a dielectric phenomenon. And diamagnetism is what? Can diamagnetism be turned into ferromagnetism and vice-versa?

Ah well...
  • Thanks for confirming a few things to me.
    It sounds like you figured most things out, congrats royalblue.
  • @dante what did I confirm? I just like to mess a little with you cause you always get touchy, don't be like CONSTipation & RL Poo, take it easy! :)
    Whoever figures it out it's okay as long as we figure it out, don't you think?
  • Those two aren't the same at all.
    I respect Constitition, he provided the math and measurements, great guy. I believe his hope was for someone to take it further. I believe the enigma machine takes it a step further.

• @dante it was meant to be funny....RL Poo & constipation, come on! Anyway, yeah, Consti was good. Not sure abut the Enigma machine, I never understood what the deal was with it. Anyway take it easy, it's just a dream.
  • You guys make me laugh.
    [Lost Soul] did have some interesting points. All those numbers just confused the hell out of me.
    R.L. Foole just needs to step away from the white board and actually build something. Like for real I just want to lift a heavy object and set it on 4 coke bottles just to show it can be done with levers and weights. I guess one lever wouldn't lift it. Just like one chain couldn't possibly hook to more than one point.
  • @royalblue Thank you, I am not sure total length of pipe, the extension would be at least two feet judging by Atwork picture so may be long enough?.....If used for drilling, extensions could be added if needed possibly... I am thinking the tool was used for both quarrying and lifting,moving etc.....Only one picture of it and he is posing with it after the work appears to be done hmmm Could the picture have been taken the day Ed was setting up to move Ed's Place to Rock Gate location?
  • @Ones65118 it's not a tool, it's a symbol. Study the symbols.